EZ Stopper: Video
EZ Stopper® is a set of medical grade, autoclavable silicone tubing that can be easily measured and cut to the desired length in seconds. The trimmed silicone stoppers will stretch-fit over most surgical drills to provide accurate drill depth control during dental implant placement.
Each silicone stopper is color-coded to fit the corresponding surgical drill sizes as follows:
RED (Ø 1.8 – 2.4mm)
GREEN (Ø 2.5 – 3.4mm)
YELLOW (Ø 3.5 – 4.4mm)
BLUE (Ø 4.5 – 5.6mm)
EZ Stopper Case: Implant placement using EZ Stopper with sinus floor elevation
1. Patient missing tooth #14.
2. Measure full length of surgical drill bit (A)
3. Use CT scan image to determine the proper drill depth (B)
4.Trim silicone drill stoppers to the correct length (C) based on simple formula: Full length of drill bit (A) - Proper drill depth (B) = Correct length of drill stopper (C)
5. Incise the edentulous ridge with a surgical scalpel.
6. Elevate full gingival flaps to expose bone ridge.
7. Confirm drill depth of pilot drill (Ø 2.3mm) with red stopper.
8. Prepare site with pilot drill to the proper drill depth.
9. Insert guide pin and take an x-ray to confirm drill depth.
10. Radiographic image indicates proper drill depth and angulation.
11. Confirm drill depth of 2nd drill (Ø 2.8mm) with green stopper.
12. Prepare site with 2nd drill to the proper drill depth.
13. Insert 2nd guide pin to confirm drill depth and angulation.
14.Confirm drill depth of 3rd drill (Ø 3.5mm) with yellow stopper.
15.Prepare site with 3rd drill to the proper drill depth.
16. Insert 3rd guide pin to confirm drill depth and angulation.
17. Select osteotome and tapper to elevate sinus floor.
18. Insert osteotome with the correct diameter into the prepared site.
19. Elevate the floor of sinus without perforating the Schneiderian membrane by gently tapping on the osteotome until the desired depth is reached.
20. Prepare bone graft material for filling the elevated sinus cavity.
21. Insert the bone graft material into the prepared site .
22. Select an implant fixture with the appropriate diameter and length.
23. Insert the implant into the prepared site.
24. Torque the implant to the proper depth and confirm good primary stability.
25. Implant inserted fully into the prepared site with healing cap placed.
26. Wound closure using resorbable sutures.
27. Radiographic image indicates implant placed in an ideal position.
28. Carefully cut and remove stopper with a sharp scalpel after surgery.
WARNING: EZ stopper is intended for single use only. Each silicone stopper is custom trimmed for a particular patient, and it should be carefully cut and removed from the drill using a sharp scalpel after surgery. Repeated sterilization will weaken and soften the silicone tubing and render it unusable. Any silicone tubing that deteriorates by becoming brittle or gummy after repeated sterilization should be discarded..
Refill packs of 4 silicone tubing in each color are available
Balloon No Manufacturer AD Surgical