Neomem FlexPlus - Native porcine peritoneum
Neomem® FlexPlus is a single layer collagen membrane derived from porcine peritoneum. Suture pullout testing has shown this membrane to be biomechanically strong yet conformability evaluations demonstrate the ability to adapt to the contour of the surgical site. Neomem® FlexPlus hydrates quickly and handling characteristics make surgical placement easy. It can be repositioned easily and placed wet or dry and with either side up. Additionally, in-vitro testing of Neomem® FlexPlus shows low tissue inflammation and foreign body giant cell response.
Compared to Bio-Gide®:
- Stronger Neomem® FlexPlus has 3 times the suture pull out strength compare to Bio-Gide® and resorption time of 3-4 months. Neomem® FlexPlus can be repositioned once placed.
- Supple Lack of memory means that Neomem® FlexPlus drapes and conforms to the defect site and since both sides are the same, it is easy to place.
- Better Initial Resorption Rate Compared to Bio-Gide®, Neomem® FlexPlus’ initial in-vivo resorption profile suggests that Neomem® FlexPlus is more stable.
- Less Inflammation In-vivo testing also demonstrates that Neomem® FlexPlus produced a lower level of early inflammation than Bio-Gide and Neomem® FlexPlus shows a lower level of giant cell response.
1. BioGide® is a registered trademark of Geistlich
Research No Weight No Volume No Dimensions No Size No Manufacturer Collagen Matrix