Sutures by DemeTech - Polyglycolic Acid suture is a synthetic, absorbable, sterile, surgical suture composed of 100% glycolide. The chemical formula of DemeTech's PGA is (C2H2O2)n. Clinical trials have shown that after two weeks, approximately 84% of DemeTech's PGA initial strength remained. At four weeks, approximately 23% of DemeTech's PGA linear tensile strength remained. Sutures by DemeTech - Polyglycolic Acid Suture has been found to be nonantigenic and elicit only mild tissue reactivity during the absorption process.
- Polyglycolic Acid, better known as PGA, is composed of polymers of glycolide acids.
- DemeTech's PGA is coated to allow for easier passage through tissues with only minimal drag.
- Coated PGA sutures facilitate:
- - Easy tissue passage
- - Precise knot placement
- - Smooth tie down
- - A decreased tendency to irritate tissue
- - Greater tensile strength
- Absorb duration: 60-90 days
Product Video No Suture Material PGA (Polyglycolic Acid) Needle C-6 (FS-2) USP Size 3-0 Length 30" (75cm) Manufacturer DemeTECH