The mineral bone matrix of CevOss has a macro- and micro-porous structure similar to human cancellous bone. Due to the large interconnecting pore volume and the natural composition, the formation and growth of new bone at the implantation site is promoted. Over time, CevOss is partially remodeled by osteoclasts and osteoblasts (physiological remodeling). Due to its properties, CevOss is an effective alternative to autologous bone in suitable defects.
- Bone defects and bone augmentation in general
- Alveolar ridge augmentation/reconstruction
- Socket filling post-extraction - ridge preservation
- Implantology: implant site preparation, bone defect filling and maxillary sinus lift
- Periodontology: bone defect filling, membrane support during guided tissue regeneration
CevOss Compares Favorably to BioOss®
1. Bio-Oss® is a registered trademark of Geistlich, Wolhusen, Switzerland. Substantial equivalence of Cevoss was determined by the FDA in the original 510K submission by the manufacturer Odontit for Synergy Bone Matrix material. Synergy Bone Matrix is distributed by Citagenix under Trademark CevOss. Data on file.
Thanks to its natural origin, it is chemically and structurally comparable to mineralized cancellous human bone (natural nanocrystalline apatite). The highly purified osteoconductive mineral structure is obtained from natural bovine bone through a manufacturing process that guarantees a 96% phase purity in strict compliance with international standards.