More Information on OsteoGen Bone Grafting Plug
OsteoGen Plug Case
OsteoGen Plug Key Features and Benefits
- Just drop the plug into your extraction site following curettage and debridement to induce a regional acceleratory phenomenon and suture over top.
- Combines our OsteoGen ® Bioactive Resorbable Calcium Apatite with a bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix to create a structure that mimics the organic and inorganic components of physiologic bone.
- The Bovine Achilles Tendon collagen carries the bone graft for easy and efficient delivery to the site, eliminating the hassle and time spent mixing and packing particulate grafts while also eliminating the potential for graft wash out.
- OsteoGen® is a bioactive and resorbable calcium apatite crystal bone graft that is physicochemically & crystallographically similar to human bone.
- The Type I collagen acts as a wound dressing not only to stabilize the clot, but also to absorb and deliver blood flow to the slowly resorbing graft, a feature critical for the initiation of bone formation and early angiogenesis.
- The collagen found in the OsteoGen® Plug provides a scaffold for keratinized tissue to develop over the grafted site.
- Radiolucent on day of surgery – Radiopaque in 3-6 months
- Non-Ceramic highly porous crystals physicochemically similar to trabecular bone
- OsteoGen® proven safe, reliable and clinically effective for use with implants for over 30 years
- Available in Large: 10mm in Diameter x 20mm in Length
The OsteoGen® Bone Grafting Plug is the easiest and most affordable way to clinically deliver bone graft for ridge maintenance and socket preservation. The idea is simple - we take a collagen plug and fill it with our OsteoGen® non-ceramic bone graft crystals to create the OsteoGen® Bone Grafting Plug. The result is a bone graft combined with a collagen plug for ease of clinical delivery – all at the introductory special price of only $50 per extraction without the need for a membrane.
The OsteoGen® Bone Grafting Plug combines our OsteoGen® Bioactive Resorbable Calcium Apatite with a bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix to create a structure that mimics the organic and inorganic components of physiologic bone.
OsteoGen® is a bioactive and resorbable calcium apatite based bone graft that is physicochemically and crystallographically similar to human bone.1 The OsteoGen® non-ceramic production process yields a resorbable bone graft with a unique Ca:P ratio that is NOT a ß-TCP and NOT a non-resorbable dense ceramic HA, nor is it a biphasic mixture of the two.